Fortunately for me, I can type out a blog post quickly and with ease.
However, December can be a bit of a challenge where blogging is concerned.
What is so challenging about blogging in December?
Well, for starters, I am not fond of Christmas (I recommend reading my blog post, The Christmas Madness Has Begun, to find out the reasons why).
It Is More Psychological Than Anything Else
While some bloggers are in a state of ecstasy for the month of December, I am doing my utmost best to remain sane.
I feel as though I am trapped in The Twilight Zone and I start counting down the days to January (It is akin to a prisoner anticipating the day when their prison sentence comes to an end).
During all that time in December, I am doing my unique set of mind games to cheer myself up; which, fortunately, helps me to focus my mental energy on writing (So far, I have managed to come out triumphant every Christmas Season).
Some Bloggers Are Known To Take The Entire Month Of December Off
Yes, there are bloggers who go on a hiatus every December (My educated guess is that they have chosen to spend extra time with their friends and family).
Also, if a blogger knows that they are not going to be truly happy during the so-called Christmas Season (especially if they are the type of person who hates Christmas), they are much better off taking the entire month of December off to recuperate and recalibrate.
I, on the other hand, will battle through the entire month of December (I have blogged every December and hopefully I will continue to do the same this December).
Some Bloggers Are Looking Forward To Blogging For The Month Of December
It should not come as surprise to you that there are bloggers who look forward to blogging in the month of December.
And, why is it that they look forward to blogging for the month of December?
Oh, they do it to participate in Blogmas; which requires publishing a Christmas-related blog post from the 1st of December to the 31st of December.
I hate Christmas; therefore, there is no way on God’s green Earth that I am going to willfully participate in this so-called Blogmas tradition.
If Blogmas is your proverbial cup of tea, I am happy for you.
Just leave me out of that madness.
While I do publish blog posts on Renard’s World daily, those blog posts are going to be based on topics of my liking (And, I do not like Blogmas).
The Trick Is To View December Like Any Other Month Of The Year
If a person can blog from January to November as though nothing drastic took place in their lives, there is a chance of them making it through to the month of December.
To view December like any month of the year, you will have to do the following things:
- Ignore the Christmas carols.
- Ignore the Christmas decorations.
- Pretend that Santa Claus is an eccentric fat old man with a white beard dressed in a red suit with hints of white and black shiny boots (Wait, on second thoughts, you will not need to pretend because that one is actually true).
Truthfully, it is we as a society who have made this so-called Festive Season what it is today.
The truth is that blogging in December does not have to be a daunting task.
You can maintain a positive mindset by doing the following things:
- Making a conscientious effort to sleep well (Unfortunately, a lot of people tend to burn their candles at both ends; which results in them developing a poor sleep pattern).
- Making a conscientious effort to eat well (It is a well-known fact that some people eat very little or not at all when they are depressed).
- Listening to your favourite genres of music (It will help greatly in lifting your spirits).
- Watching the types of movies that make you laugh (That, my friend, would help greatly in the area of lightening your mood).
When you do all of those things, you will be in the right headspace to blog.