I deleted my Twitter account on Wednesday the 25th of August, 2018.
Back then, Twitter had shadow-banned me for the fourth time and I thought that the most appropriate course of action was to delete my Twitter account (They did not provide me with a reason for my shadow-banning and as far as I was concerned, I did nothing wrong).
My educated guess at the time was that Twitter did not like one of my tweets and that they chose to punish me because of it.
Do I Miss Twitter?
The God’s/Godess’s truth is that I do not miss Twitter.
Also, I have been managing rather well without it.
Hey, that is one less social media account to worry about!
Twitter Is Always Ending Up In The News
Yes, Twitter has been mentioned a lot in technologically-related news all over the internet. For example:
- Twitter made the decision to place a permanent ban on Donald Trump in January 2021.
- Elon Musk bought Twitter in October 2022; he rules with an iron fist and everyone goes crazy.
- Elon Musk reinstates Donald Trump’s Twitter account in November 2022.
This whole drama with Twitter has the potential of becoming the next big movie on Netflix.
Twitter Is Filled With Too Much Noise
On Twitter, it is possible for you to come across:
- A ton load of hate speech.
- People complaining about everything under the sun.
- Useless promotional ads.
- People trolling each other.
Apparently, the negatives outweigh the positives on Twitter.
Elon Musk Did Some Unusual Things When He Gained Control Of Twitter
Elon Musk has people wondering if he is a madman because:
- He fired half of Twitter’s staff.
- He told Twitter’s existing staff to work long hours or leave.
- He wanted to charge Twitter users the sum of $8.00 monthly for the blue tick (The one that is given to authentic companies and celebrities).
Some people believe that the only thing that Elon Musk really knows about Twitter is how to kill it!
Are There Twitter Alternatives?
Yes, there are Twitter alternatives.
In case Twitter implodes on itself, you can move on over to one of the following services:
Twitter is overrated anyway!
Twitter Might Survive The Turmoil
Yes, it is possible that Twitter could survive in these very tough times.
Take Facebook, for example; it is a hot mess.
Facebook has been around since 2004 (I never believed that it would be still around today).
Therefore, if Elon Musk plays his cards right, Twitter might be around for many years to come.
In all honesty, I could not give a damn about Twitter.
I distanced myself from it many years ago and I have no regrets about ever doing so.
If you are a Twitter user, the choice is yours to stay with it or find another social media network; preferably one that is in alignment with your moral standards.
Twitter could weather the storm and come out triumphant in the end.
At, the moment, there is nothing at all desirable about Twitter.
And, countless people from around the world would love to see Twitter crash and burn.