Yes, my friend. It is true; blogging is what you make of it.
You are the one who is in control of your blogging destiny.
Therefore, if your blog performs well or poorly, it is all on you!
It Is Your Job To Make Blogging Easier For Yourself
When I first started blogging (which was on Blogger back in 2008), the only thing that I knew how to do was write. I did not know anything about:
- On-page SEO.
- Off-page SEO.
- HTML codes.
- CSS codes.
Those were things that I learned later on.
For the record, I am in no way implying that it is mandatory for you to possess the knowledge of those things.
The message that I am putting across here is that I had a genuine interest in learning about those things.
I made it a priority of mine to learn everything I could about blogging.
And, why did I view it necessary to learn all I can about blogging?
I did it because I wanted to make blogging easier for myself.
Blogging might be somewhat difficult for a newcomer in the beginning, however, I can assure you that it gets easier as time goes along.
It Is All Up To You To Make Blogging Fun
When it comes to personal blogging, having fun is an integral part of your blog’s longevity (If blogging is not fun, you will end up abandoning it).
Any blogger can make blogging a fun-filled activity by:
- Publishing blog posts based on topics that they are genuinely interested in.
- Interacting with their fellow bloggers.
- Blogging at a pace that does not burn them out.
So, in regards to having fun with your own personal blog, the ball is in your proverbial court.
It Is All Up To You To See To It That Your Blog Runs Like A Well-Oiled Machine
Figuratively speaking, it is possible for your blog to run like a well-oiled machine.
How is that possible?
It is possible by putting certain things in place; for example:
- Blogs with multiple authors can take turns publishing blog posts on a blog.
- The owner of the blog can schedule blog posts (Which will be published despite him or her being away from their blog).
- Bloggers can create a content calendar (Which will allow them to know which blog posts will be published on certain dates and times).
Dear friend, with the proper planning (as well as carrying out those plans) your blog will run like a well-oiled machine.
The Choice Is Yours To Make Your Blog Look Well-Refined
Bloggers can make their blogs look well-refined by:
- Using a clean-looking theme.
- Using legible fonts.
- Clearing up the clutter; for example, removing excessive widgets.
- Publishing blog posts that are devoid of typographical and grammatical errors.
The truth is that blogs that look well-refined are not only for professional bloggers; they are for personal bloggers too!
Besides, most people tend to be highly receptive to a blog that looks well-refined.
It Is All Up To You To Be Of Value To Your Readers
You can be of value to your readers by:
- Publishing how-to blog posts.
- Answering questions that people asked in your blog’s comments thread.
- Filling a void; for example, publishing technology-related blog posts for those who are interested in technology.
- Teaching your readers something new each time you publish a blog post.
Dear friend, you have the power within you to make the blogosphere a much better place by being of value to your beloved readers.
The Bottom Line
Blogging will always be what we make of it. We have the power to:
- Make blogging easier for ourselves.
- Make blogging fun.
- See to it that our blog runs like a well-oiled machine.
- Make our blog look well-refined.
- Be of value to our readers.
What do you intend on making of your blog?
Thank you for reading!