At times, I am known to choose movies and television shows randomly.
And, what is the logic behind this interesting behaviour of mine?
I simply wanted to discover if those movies and television shows were worth watching (I will admit that some of my random choices have turned out to be horrible while some of them turned out to be wonderful).
Truthfully speaking, they do not make movies and television shows like they did a few decades ago, but it is possible to discover a priceless gem in a sea of costume jewelry.
So, here is a review of four random shows that I watched recently.
1.) No Time to Die
In spite of being a fan of the James Bond movies, No Time to Die was one of my random picks (I watched it without knowing what to expect).
James Bond was enjoying his self-imposed retirement from MI6 when an old friend of his (Felix Leiter from the CIA) came asking for his help ― the kind of help that involved tracking down the whereabouts of SPECTRE.
I have no intentions of giving away too many spoilers (So, to prevent stealing your sense of joy, you will have to watch it for yourself).
Here is a list of some of the cast members for No Time to Die:
- Daniel Craig acts as the legendary James Bond.
- The role of Q is played by Ben Whishaw.
- The portrayal of Dr. Madeleine Swann was done by the French actress, Léa Seydoux.
- Dali Benssalah acts as Primo (One of Bond’s adversaries).
- Lisa-Dorah Sonnet acts as the five-year-old daughter of Dr. Madeleine Swann and James Bond.
- Jeffrey Wright acts as Felix Leiter (Bond’s old friend and a CIA officer).
- Christoph Waltz plays the role of Ernst Stavro Blofeld (The founder and head of the criminal syndicate SPECTRE).
- The role of M was done by Ralph Fiennes.
- The role of Eve Moneypenny was portrayed by Naomie Harris.
- Billy Magnussen acts as Logan Ash ― a CIA officer who was assigned by Felix Leiter to assist James Bond in the finding of Obruchev.
- Ana de Armas plays Paloma (The female CIA officer who assisted James Bond).
- Lashana Lynch acts as Niomi (The woman who was assigned the 007 number after James Bond’s so-called retirement).
- The role of Bill Tanner was portrayed by Rory Kinnear (M’s Chief of Staff).
- Rami Malek as Lyutsifer Safin (The show’s villain).
The movie, No Time to Die, made its debut at the Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday the 28th of September, 2021.
In the United States of America, No Time to Die debuted in cinemas on Friday the 8th of October, 2021.
The movie’s budget was $301 million.
No Time to Die made the sum of $669 million at the Box Office.
The movie, No Time to Die, is available for streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
In a nutshell, the show Foundation is about a band of exiles; they discovered that the act of defying the Galactic Empire is the only way in which they can save it.
Here is a list of the main characters for the show, Foundation:
- British actor, Jared Harris, acts as Hari Seldon ― a mathematician and the creator of an algorithmic science that allows him to predict the future in terms of probabilities.
- Lou Llobell plays Gaal Dornick (Hari’s young protégée).
- The role of Brother Day (the middle-aged member of a series of genetic clones of Cleon I) is portrayed by the American actor, Lee Pace.
- Terrence Mann acts as Brother Dusk (The eldest member of a series of genetic clones of Cleon I).
- Cassian Bilton plays Brother Dawn (The youngest member of a series of genetic clones of Cleon I).
- The role of Salvor Hardin (the Warden of Terminus) is portrayed by the British actress, Leah Harvey.
The show made its first appearance on television on Friday the 24th of September, 2021.
Fans of the show would be pleased to know that in October 2021, the series was renewed for a second season.
Foundation is available for streaming on Apple TV+.
3.) Free Guy
The movie, Free Guy is a fusion of science fiction and action-comedy.
Free Guy is about a bank teller who eventually finds out that he is a non-player character in a video game called, Free City.
Here is a list of the show’s cast:
- Ryan Reynolds acts as Guy (The show’s main character).
- Officer Johnny is played by Mike Devine.
- The role of Millie Rusk/Molotovgirl is portrayed by British actress, Jodie Comer.
- Lil Rel Howery plays Buddy (A Free City bank security guard and Guy’s best friend).
- Britne Oldford as Missy.
- The role of Antwan Hovachelik was skillfully handled by the popular New Zealander actor, Taika Waititi.
- Camille Kostek plays Bombshell.
- Channing Tatum acts as Revenjamin Buttons.
- The role of Keith (the gamer behind Revenjamin Buttons) was portrayed by Matty Cardarople.
- Joe Keery acts as Walter “Keys” McKeys ― the co-developer for the game, Free City.
Free Guy made its debut in the 74th Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland on Tuesday the 10th of August, 2021.
Free Guy was officially released in the United States of America on Friday the 13th of August, 2021.
A budget that comprised the sum of $125 million went towards the making of Free Guy.
Free Guy raked in the sum of $331.3 million from box office sales.
The movie, Free Guy, is available for streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
4.) Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes is another one of those movies that I chose randomly (The gamble paid off because I enjoyed the movie).
In a nutshell, the show is about an orphaned boy that grew into a talented and deadly martial arts fighter and is most eager to avenge his father’s death.
Snake Eyes was directed by Robert Schwentke and was produced by Brian Goldner, Erik Howsam and Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Here is a list of the main characters for the show, Snake Eyes:
- The role of Snake Eyes was portrayed by the British-Malaysian actor, Henry Golding.
- Haruka Abe acts as Akiko (The Arashikage clan’s head of security).
- The role of Tomisaburo “Tommy” Arashikage/Storm Shadow (the heir of the Arashikage clan) was handled professionally by the British actor, Andrew Koji.
- Samara Weaving plays Major O’Hara/Scarlett (An elite Major of G.I. Joe and an ally of the Arashikage clan).
- Takehiro Hira acts as Kenta Takamura (Tommy’s cousin and a member of Cobra; he desperately wants to take full control of the Arashikage clan).
- The role of Ana DeCobray/Baroness was portrayed by the Spanish actress, Úrsula Corberó.
- Takehiro Hira handled the role of Takamura.
- The role of Hard Master (a formidable mentor of the Arashikage clan and the uncle of Tommy) was handled superbly by the Indonesian actor, Iko Uwais.
- Peter Mensah fulfilled the role of Blind Master (A blind mentor of the Arashikage clan).
- Mojo Rawley acts as Bruiser Streetfighter.
- Snake Eyes’ father was played by Steven Allerick.
- The role of Mr. Augustine was done by the Bulgarian-German actor, Samuel Finzi.
- Eri Ishida acts as Sen.
- James Hiroyuki Liao played the role of Yasuko.
The movie, Snake Eyes, was released internationally on Tuesday the 20th of July, 2021.
Snake Eyes was released for American audiences on Friday the 23rd of July, 2021.
The budget for this superhero film was set at $110 million.
Unfortunately, Snake Eyes only made the sum of $40.1 million in Box Office sales.
The movie, Snake Eyes, is available for streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
Have you seen any of the shows on my list?
Do you plan on watching any of them in the near future?
Please feel free to share your perspective via my blog’s commenting section.
Thank you for reading!