Recently, I went in search of some movies to watch (I wanted to entertain myself and I also wanted to come across movies that were worth my time viewing and reviewing).
The good news is that my search turned out to be successful.
So, without further ado, let us have a look at three of my recommendations.
The show, Jolt, revolves around the character, Lindy (Kate Beckinsale). She has a neurological disorder ― one that causes her to experience sporadic rage-filled, murderous impulses; in order to keep them under control, she has to shock herself with a special electrode device.
Lindy takes justice into her own hands when she finds out that Justin (Jai Courtney), the man she had dated was murdered.
Jolt was directed by Tanya Wexler and was written by Scott Wascha.
The producers for the show are:
- David Bernardi
- Sherryl Clark
- Robert Van Norden
- Les Weldon
- Yariv Lerner
The show is filled with lots of action and it is clear for all to see that Lindy is quite effective at doing physical harm to those people she is angry at.
Here is a list of some of the other cast members of Jolt:
- Robert Michael Cannavale acts as Detective Vicars.
- The role of Detective Nevin is portrayed by Laverne Cox.
- Stanley Tucci Jr. acts as Dr. Ivan Munchin.
- British actor, David John Bradley, does a wonderful portrayal of Gareth Fizel.
- Israeli actor, Ori Pfeffer, plays Delacroix.
- The legendary American actress, Susan Abigail Sarandon, acts as Woman With No Name.
In spite of the show being highly entertaining, it received negative reviews from:
- Bob Stauss of The San Fransico Chronicle.
- Leslie Felperin of The Guardian.
- Calum Marsh of The New York Times.
I will admit that the show, Jolt, is not for everyone. However, the only way to know if it is right for you is to watch it!
Another wonderful recommendation of mine is an old American action-thriller film from the year, 2010 (The movie that I am referring to is Salt).
Salt was directed by Phillip Noyce and was written by Kurt Wimmer; it was also produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash.
The movie debuted in Hollywood on Monday the 19th of July, 2010.
Four days after (Friday the 23rd of July, 2010), the show made its appearance in cinemas throughout the rest of the United States of America.
Without giving away too much of the plot, the movie is about Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie) ― a CIA officer who swore an oath to duty, honour and country.
The movie is certainly attention-grabbing!
Some of the other cast members of Salt are:
- Liev Schreiber; he acts as Theodore “Ted” Winter/Nikolai Tarkovsky ― a corrupt CIA officer and double agent.
- British actor, Chiwetel Ejiofor; he plays the role of Darryl Peabody ― an ONCIX agent in pursuit of Evelyn Salt.
- Polish actor, Daniel Marcel Olbrychski; he acts as Oleg Vassily Orlov ― a Russian defector and a brilliant-minded spymaster.
- German actor, August Diehl as Mike Krause (Evelyn Salt’s loyal and loving husband).
- Polish actor, Aleksander Krupa (who also goes by Olek Krupa professionally), acts as Boris Matveyev ― Russia’s President.
- American actor, Hunt Block; he acts as Howard Lewis ― the President of the United States of America.
- American actor, Corey Stoll; he plays Shnaider ― a Russian suicide bomber.
- American actor, Andre Braugher; he acts as the Secretary of Defense.
The sum of $130 million dollars was spent on making Salt.
The movie, Salt, managed to rake in the sum of $293.5 million from the Box Office.
3.) The Protégé
The last recommendation on my list is The Protégé; this American action-thriller film was directed by Martin Campbell and written by Richard Wenk.
The producers for the movie, The Protégé, are:
- Arthur Sarkissian
- Rob Van Norden
- Yariv Lerner
- Chris Milburn
- Moshe Diamant
The Protégé was officially released on Monday the 20th of August, 2021.
When she found out that Moody (the man who raised her) was killed, she vowed to avenge his death.
Here is a list of some of the other cast members of The Protégé:
- The well-known American actor, Michael Keaton; he acts as Michael Rembrandt.
- American actor, Robert Patrick; he plays Billy Boy.
- British actor, Patrick Malahide; he acts as Vohl.
- The role of Edward Hayes is portrayed by the Scottish actor, David Rintoul.
- Israeli actor, Ori Pfeffer, acts as Athens.
- The role of Duquet is played by the British actor, Ray Fearon.
- Caroline Loncq as Claudia.
- The role of Ram is portrayed by the Romanian actor, Florin Piersic Jr.
- Romanian actor and singer, Tudor Chirilă, acts as Petru.
- The role of Don Preda is played by the Bulgarian actor, Velizar Binev.
- Romanian actor, George Pistereanu, acts as Vali.
- Alexandru Bordea acts as Anna’s father.
- The role of Anna’s mother is played by Tanja Keller.
The Protégé earned the sum of $8.2 million from Box Office sales.
There are those moments when we find ourselves in desperate need of movies to entertain ourselves (These three recommendations are appropriate for those occasions).
Have you seen any of the movies on my list?
Also, do you plan on watching any of those three movies in the near future?