Asking the right questions about blogging is a must.
Because it helps the blogger to figure out whether or not they need to make a specific change (or specific changes) to their blog.
Blogging-related questions also help the blogger to figure out if blogging is right for them.
So, without further ado, it is time to explore six questions that bloggers should contemplate deeply.
1.) Do I Still Love Blogging?
Believe it or not, there are bloggers who have fallen out of love with blogging.
And, how is it possible for bloggers to fall out of love with blogging?
Bloggers can fall out of love with blogging because:
- It requires a lot of work to put a blog post together (And, not everyone is keen on the idea of doing a lot of work).
- It requires making the time for (These days, people are busy doing other things that they deem as being, “Important” and blogging is not something that is high on their list of priorities).
- It was something that they got into with the intention of finding out if it is something that they actually like (As the time passed, they realized that blogging was not for them).
- It was something that they were unable to do consistently (Doing things in a consistent manner helps those things to be moulded into a habit).
On a positive note, there are bloggers who have remained in love with blogging.
And, how is it that they managed to remain in love with blogging?
Those bloggers managed to remain in love with blogging because:
- They never forgot the reason why they started a blog of their own.
- They enjoy interacting with other bloggers in the blogosphere.
- They enjoy expressing themselves via their blog posts.
I can proudly admit to you, “I still love blogging!”
Hey, after all, I have been blogging since 2008.
What about you? Do you still love blogging?
2.) Have I Chosen The Right Blogging Platform For Me?
Now, I expect bloggers to know exactly what they are getting themselves into before starting their blog (Truthfully speaking, this is not always the case; there are bloggers who will choose the first blogging platform that they see).
No two blogging platforms are equal; there will always be advantages and disadvantages.
A blogger who has the intention of making money via their blog will have a much better chance of achieving their goal by using WordPress.org.
For the record, it is possible for a blogger to make money with their blog using WordPress.com (They will have to upgrade their package to the Premium, Business or eCommerce plan in order to do so).
Whereas, with WordPress.org, there are no limitations.
Personal bloggers (hobbyist bloggers) can use any blogging platform that they desire.
When it comes to business-related blogging, WordPress.org is the best way to go!
However, if you are the type of blogger who is not tech-savvy, and you wish to conduct business via your blog, you would be much better off with WordPress.com.
And, why is that the case?
Because the Happiness Engineers will handle all of the technical stuff for you; such as:
- Making sure that your blog is secure.
- Upgrading your site to the latest version of WordPress.
- Making sure that everything works.
Those people who chose WordPress.org to blog on will have to do all of the technical stuff for themselves (And, that can be a bit intimidating for the average person).
3.) Is My Blog Easy To Navigate?
One of my pet peeves is coming across a blog that I am unable to navigate (If you have been blogging for quite a while, you would have come across blogs that you were unable to navigate).
Dear friend, where navigation is concerned, it is always wise to keep it simple.
In addition to your blog’s Home page, your viewing audience should be able to:
- Access your recent blog posts easily.
- Access your blog archives easily.
- Access your blog categories easily.
- Access your follow widget easily.
If a person is unable to find their way around your blog, they will leave it (And, that, my friend, is a bad thing).
You are supposed to be attracting readers to your blog; not scaring them away.
4.) Do I Have Something Special To Offer My Viewing Audience?
In all honesty, we do have something special that we can offer to our viewing audience; such as:
- A skill that we have learned.
- Our ability to entertain.
- A solution to a specific problem.
- Our technical expertise.
Have you figured out what your specialty is?
If you do, you can share it with your viewing audience via your blog posts.
5.) Am I Passionate About Responding To Comments?
There are bloggers who enjoy responding to comments.
And, there are bloggers who are not too keen on responding to comments.
Hey, bloggers have different views when it comes to responding to comments (It is one of those topics that people can debate from sunup to sundown).
My article, Comments Versus No Comments, will let you know what I think about that particular issue.
6.) Do I Need To Promote My Blog On Social Media?
The God’s/Goddess’s truth is that social media can be used to promote your blog.
Bloggers can use the following social media networks to promote their blog:
- Viral Content Bee
It does not hurt to get extra eyes on your blog (And, promoting it on social media is a great way of doing that).
However, it is not mandatory for a personal blogger to share the links to their blog posts via their social media accounts.
I actually know of a few personal bloggers who do not use social media to promote their blog posts.
Now, in regards to business-related blogging, I strongly advise the usage of social media for the purpose of promoting your blog posts (Think of it as being visible where your potential customers are).
To recap, bloggers can gain clarity by asking themselves the following questions:
- Do I still love blogging?
- Have I chosen the right blogging platform for me?
- Is my blog easy to navigate?
- Do I have something special to offer my viewing audience?
- Am I passionate about responding to comments?
- Do I need to promote my blog on social media?
Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing you here once again on Renard’s World.