I am one of those people who like to find hidden meanings in shows (Sometimes, those hidden meanings are easy to decipher and at other times, I am left with more questions than answers).
Did any television show or movie make you go, “Hmm,” recently?
If your answer to my question is, “No,” you can check out my recommendations with the hopes of going, “Hmm,” yourself.
So, without further ado, it is time to have a look at my insane television series and movie recommendations.
1.) The One
The One is a television series that is based on finding your perfect partner via a quick DNA test; which requires a swab sample from your mouth.
This British science fiction debuted on Netflix on Sunday, the 21st of March, 2021.
The One was created by Howard Overman; here is a list of some of the show’s characters:
- Albano Jerónimo acts as Matheus Silva.
- The role of Ben Naser is portrayed by Amir El-Masry.
- Diarmaid Murtagh plays Connor Martin.
- Dimitri Leonidas acts as James Whiting.
- Eric Kofi-Abrefa plays Mark Bailey.
- Gregg Chillin plays the role of Nick Gedny.
- The show’s main character ― Rebecca Webb, is portrayed by Hannah Ware.
- Laura Aikman acts as Lucy Bell.
- Lois Chimimba plays Hannah Bailey.
- The role of Amy Naser is portrayed by Nadia Albina.
- Stephen Campbell Moore acts as Damien Brown.
- Simone Kirby plays Charlotte Driscoll.
- Zoë Tapper acts as Kate Saunders.
Rebecca Webb is one crazy woman; she will manipulate others and even go as far as killing people to have her own way.
Season one, episode number eight, ended with Rebecca Webb on stage, in front of a live audience saying, “I have a secret that I want to share with you.”
Is Rebecca Webb going to tell her audience the truth?
Or, is she going to orchestrate a lie?
Stuff like that makes me go, “Hmm.”
I cannot wait to see the second season of The One (If this show gets cancelled, I would have wasted my time watching all eight episodes of season one).
2.) Tribes of Europa
Tribes of Europa is a German action-packed science fiction television series. It was created by Philip Koch; written by Philip Koch, Jana Burbach and Benjamin Seiler and it was directed by Philip Koch and Florian Baxmeyer.
Tribes of Europa premiered on Netflix on Friday the 19th of February, 2021.
The show revolves around the lives of three siblings in the year 2074; their goal is to change the fate of Europe; which, unfortunately, has been transformed into numerous tribal microstates ― groups of people competing with each other for dominance over other states.
Here is a list of some of the cast members for the television series, Tribes of Europa:
- Alain Blazevic acts as Crimson.
- The role of Grieta is played by Ana Ularu.
- Benjamin Sadler plays the role of Jakob.
- David Ali Rashed acts as Elja.
- The role of Kiano is portrayed by Emilio Sakraya.
- Henriette Confurius acts as Liv.
- Hoji Fortuna plays Ouk.
- The role of Dewiat is portrayed by Jannik Schümann.
- James Faulkner plays General Cameron.
- Jeanette Hain acts as Amena.
- Mark’s role is played by Klaus Tange.
- The role of the Atlantian pilot is portrayed by Michaël Erpelding.
- Robert Finster acts as David.
Season one, episode number six, had an interesting ending; it was the one where Elja threw the Atlantean cube in the direction of the ocean; as a result of his action, a large cube-shaped vessel rose from the water.
Elja and Moses entered into the large cube-shaped vessel and it slowly submerged to the bottom of the ocean.
Now, that made me go, “Hmm,” and I cannot wait to see what happens next in season two of the Tribes of Europa.
The Tribes of Europa is currently available for streaming on Netflix.
3.) The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
A vlogger on YouTube was the first person who brought The Falcon and the Winter Soldier to my attention; he gave it a negative review.
The biggest irony is that I do not allow negative reviews to prevent me from watching a movie or a television show (I have to watch it myself to find out if those negative reviews were justified).
And, I tend to put off (not intentionally) watching those shows that received positive reviews from critics worldwide (They are placed on my “To watch list” and I end up watching them months after or not at all).
This show is about what transpires after Avengers: Endgame.
Here is a summary for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier cast:
- Adepero Oduye plays Sarah Wilson.
- Anthony Mackie acts as Sam Wilson/Falcon.
- The role of Dr. Christina Raynor is portrayed by Amy Aquino.
- Clé Bennett acts as Lemar Hoskins/Battlestar.
- Daniel Brühl handled the role of Baron Zemo.
- Danny Ramirez acts as Joaquin Torres.
- The role of Gigi is portrayed by Dani Deetté.
- Desmond Chiam acts as Dovich.
- Emily VanCamp plays Sharon Carter.
- Erin Kellyman acts as Karli Morgenthau.
- Florence Kasumba handled the role of Ayo.
- Indya Bussey acts as DeeDee.
- The role of the GRC Security, German S.W.A.T. is played by John Gettier.
- Neal Kodinsky acts as Rudy.
- Noah Mills plays Nico.
- Miki Ishikawa acts as Leah.
- The role of Lennox is portrayed by Renes Rivera.
- Sebastian Stan plays Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier.
- Tyler Dean Flores acts as Diego.
- The role of Mama Donya Madani is portrayed by Veronica Falcón.
- Wyatt Russell acts as John Walker/Captain America.
So far, I liked what I saw on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and I will continue to take in the action.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is available for streaming on Disney+.
I truly hope that these three shows make you grab the edge of your seat and make you say, “Hmm.”
Also, do not hesitate to watch a show that was given a negative review from a movie critic because you might end up liking it (After all, tastes in movies and television shows will, of course, vary from person to person).
So, have you seen any of the shows on my list?
Please feel free to tell me what you think about them via my blog’s comments section.
And, thank you for reading!