If you have been blogging for quite some time, you would undoubtedly know that blogging is no proverbial walk in the park; it requires:
- Doing lots of research.
- Finding the time to write.
- Proofreading the draft-copies of your blog posts.
- Editing the draft-copies of your blog posts.
Dear friend, all bloggers need to do the things that were mentioned above before pressing the publish button.
It is also a sad fact, that there are some bloggers who view those things as being burdensome (And if those important aspects of blogging are being perceived as being burdensome, those bloggers may end up saying, “Goodbye,” to their blogs in 2021).
There Will Be Lots Of Abandoned Blogs In 2021
A large percentage of the abandoned blogs in 2021 will be personal blogs.
And, why is it that a large percentage of abandoned blogs in 2021 will be personal blogs?
Oh, the answer to that question is a simple one; personal bloggers blog merely for fun; whereas, business-related bloggers blog for a living.
Professional bloggers and personal bloggers have different levels of commitment; the personal blogger may think of quitting blogging if they are faced with an obstacle; on the other hand, the professional blogger would do their best to work around the obstacle.
Truthfully speaking a lot of bloggers find it difficult to find the time to put a blog post together when:
- They are moving into a new home.
- They are renovating an old home.
- They are studying for their degree at a university.
- They are working two jobs.
- They are running the household.
On a positive note, ninety-nine percent of the business-related bloggers do not have to worry about working two jobs due to the fact that running their blog effectively is their one and only job.
And the retirees that run personal blogs of their own are the ones who can devote their time fully to blogging with ease.
Hey, the rest of us will have to find innovative ways of working around those so-called obstacles (This is where time management comes in).
If you genuinely believe that you do not have the time for blogging, you will end up neglecting your blog.
One’s Willingness To Work Around Interruptions Can Prove To Be Valuable
There are those moments when you can write a blog post without anyone (or anything) disturbing you.
And, then there are those moments when interruptions in all forms come from almost everywhere.
The God’s/Goddess’s truth is that no blogger enjoys being interrupted when they are putting their blog post together.
The best thing that any blogger can do is to deal with the interruption and go back to creating their blog post; for example, your spouse or your child may ask for your assistance in finding a lost item (You help them to find the lost item and you resume your blogging afterwards).
In spite of the occasional interruptions, it is possible for you to get your quota of blogging done with whatever free time that is available to you.
Some of the people who find it difficult to work around interruptions will make their departure from blogging in 2021.
You Will Need To Take The Smart Approach To Blogging
Dear friend, you are way better off taking the smart approach to blogging.
Because taking the hard way where blogging is concerned is not for everyone.
Here are some examples of taking the smart approach to blogging:
- Adopting a realistic blogging schedule (For example, if you are unable to keep up with the pace of publishing content on your blog daily, you can make things easier on yourself by publishing content on your blog a few days a week, weekly, fortnightly, etcetera).
- If you do not have the time to write a single blog post in a sitting, do it in parts (For example, you can write a few paragraphs every day; at the end of the week, you will have a completed blog post).
- Planning the topics for your blog posts before writing them (This approach will grant you the time to research your chosen topic and put it together with ease; which is a thousand times easier than staring at a blank screen and wondering what the hell you are going to write about).
The blogger who fails to take the smart approach to blogging may end up abandoning their blog in 2021.
Besides, taking the smart approach to blogging is in itself a way of making blogging easier for yourself.
You Will Always Need To Remember The Reason Why You Wanted To Start Blogging
Yes, my friend, if you want your blog to be around in the year, 2021 and beyond, you will need to remember the reason (or the reasons) why you wanted to start blogging.
Where I am concerned, I wanted to start blogging because:
- I wanted a medium to express myself.
- I wanted to pass on what I have learned about blogging.
- I wanted to interact with bloggers from around the world.
- I wanted to have fun online.
Remembering the thing (or the things) that inspired you to start a blog of your own will help in the area of fueling your desire to keep on blogging.
I would love to find out exactly what it is that inspired you to venture into blogging (You can tell me all about it via the comments section of my blog).
You Will Need To Be Disciplined
At the beginning of this blog post, I highlighted the points of finding the time to do research and finding the time to write.
To be blunt, doing those things require lots of discipline.
If you lack the discipline to do the appropriate research for your chosen blog topic, your blog post is going to be narrow and shallow where information is concerned.
And, if you keep putting off writing, you may turn into a chronic procrastinator — one of those bloggers who always come up with reasons why they are unable to find the time to write.
Undisciplined bloggers run the risk of taking their blogs for granted (And that could be their figurative nail in their coffin).
A disciplined blogger will do what is necessary to keep their blog active in 2021.
Dear friend, there is really no need for your blog to fade into nothingness in 2021; it can be kept active by:
- Not being scared to face obstacles. The truth is that obstacles will arise (You must have the patience and the willingness to overcome them and of course, work around them).
- Knowing that interruptions are a way of life (Address the cause of your interruption and resume your blogging afterwards).
- Taking the smart approach to blogging (Which involves finding ways to make blogging easier for you).
- Never forgetting the reason (or the reasons) why you wanted to start a blog of your own.
- Maintaining a high level of discipline.
I have faith in you; I believe that you have what it takes to do well in the area of blogging in 2021.
Please feel free to share the link to this blog post with your followers on social media.
And, thank you for reading!
I do look forward to seeing you here again on Renard’s World.