Plus points about you
- You are intelligent and talented.
- You are beautiful always. None prettier than you.
- You are confident about your body, your face, your appearance in general and colour in particular… because your body is rightfully yours, which you agree as your birthright.
- You are aware that the way you appear is not at the mercy of others’ opinions.
- You are not in the habit of comparing yourself with others.
Negative points about you
- Despite all these good points about you, you still feel that something is missing in your appearance.
- Strangely you are unable to explain why you think so!
- You lose sleep thinking as to how to overcome the inferiority complex.
- You look for the bait in the form of surgery, which you come to know either through your friends, advertisements or the internet – courtesy Social Media.
Why do you wish to change your face, body colour or even remove your otherwise acceptable body fat?
I can understand your problem because you are subjected to bullying either directly or indirectly from different sources.
You doubt your self-worth since you look for help from the advertisements, social media, friends, colleagues and superiors even relatives, depressing you further.
And you begin to dance to their tunes since you volunteered to become a guinea pig.
” There is nothing wrong with your body, but there is a lot of wrong with the messages, which tries to convince you otherwise.” — Rae Smith
Why is this is happening every time you try to be yourself?
Elementary, my dear Watson.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Involuntarily, you are giving your consent to be bullied. Blame it on you, not on others.
Something basic about Beautifying Surgery
Before I proceed further, you must know the difference between cosmetic surgery & Plastic surgery since most of you may think that they are the same.
- It’s voluntary and performed on the normal parts of the body.
- It takes care of the appearance of the person by adding the beauty with aesthetic appeal.
- Examples include Botox, breast augmentation (boob job), facelift wrinkles, liposuction (removing the excess body fat; for example, tummy-fat and the removal of excess fat in the male breast), hair transplant, buttock augmentation, changing the eye colour or skin colour.
The list is long and you can check from the internet.
- It is done on a defective body.
- It’s reconstructive surgery.
- Normal appearance is given to the person whose body is defective either due to congenital problems (cleft lip etc) or acquired problems (burns), extremity surgery (hand surgery), breast reconstruction after mastectomy (removal of the breast due to cancer) and also includes microsurgery.
- The purpose of surgery is to bring back the normal function/appearance of the defective part (by reconstruction).
- This also includes sex reassignment and Gender change surgery.
Now that you understood the difference, you realized that while plastic surgery is a must to get back the appearance and body functions, Cosmetic surgery not necessarily come under ‘to-do list’.
Does ‘AGE’ make any difference in taking the decision to undergo cosmetic surgery?
Young and Old are alike.
The young people go for augmentation of body parts, while middle-aged and older people prefer to get rid of the signs of ageing.
Is cosmetic surgery reasonably priced?
How much it costs depends on the type of surgery. It can range from $3000 to $8000.
Cosmetic Surgery – Is it a must?
This is a million-dollar question.
You alone can answer better since you are the judge and you are the owner of your body and who am I to advice?
And remember this… After cosmetic surgery, You may appear younger but mostly not better looking. Sadly, one can easily make out that you underwent the surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is thriving because of the attitude of the people, who are always in a ‘Comparison Mode.’
No surprise, Cosmetic Surgery has become a lucrative business Cosmetic surgery market to reach USD 66.96 billion by 2026
Any complications of Cosmetic surgery?
Yes, my friend. Complications can happen with any type of surgery, which I don’t wish to go into detail since I don’t want to scare you.
If at all any complications were to occur, I can only say that you willingly purchased it.
Now it is time to know the real definition of beauty.
What is the real definition of beauty?
“Beauty is not about having a pretty face. It is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart and most importantly a beautiful soul.” — Unknown
Are you still comparing yourself with others?
My friend, it’s high time to stop this attitude of yours.
“Always be the first-rate person of yourself not a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
“Beauty begins, the moment you decide to be yourself.” — Cocochanel
Any good solution?
I got one.
Memorize it and repeat it whenever your mind thinks of Cosmetic Surgery.
“Exercise… the poor man’s plastic surgery!” — Unknown
Thank you. Namaste 🙏🙏🙏
About the guest author:
Dr. Sridhar is the man behind Philosophy Through Photography.
This deep thinker from India wears many hats; he is a physician, a blogger, a philosopher and an amateur photographer.