I will admit, that even though blogging is not rocket science, it requires a lot of a person’s time and effort to do it effectively (No one really gets it right the first time around).
As time passes, you will acquire various types of blogging gems — bits of pieces of wisdom that applies to blogging.
The funny thing is that these blogging gems are not complicated; they are quite simple (You may even chuckle a bit when you realize how simple they really are).
So, without further ado, it is disclosure time!
Learn From Your Mistakes
Hey, I have made lots of mistakes in the past (I am not ashamed to admit that to you).
The most important thing is that I have learned from those so-called negative experiences.
Now, in order for us to learn from our mistakes, we must become aware of them; which usually involves us learning them on our own, or someone else pointing them out to us.
On my former blog on Blogger (which is now defunct), I made these horrible mistakes:
- Posting too often.
- Not using the appropriate tags for my blog posts.
- Publishing thin content.
- Not proofreading my blog posts before publishing them.
- Concentrating most of my efforts on acquiring an impressive Alexa Rank.
What are some of the mistakes that you made in the area of blogging?
And, did you learn how to overcome those mistakes?
Be Of Service To Your Blogging Community
The sooner that bloggers learn that they are all part of a blogging community is the better it is going to be for them.
And, since you are part of a blogging community you might as well be of service to them; which can be done by doing the following things:
- Passing on what you have learned to the newer generation of bloggers.
- Reading the blog posts of your fellow bloggers in its entirety.
- Leaving your fellow bloggers valuable comments in the comments thread section of their blog.
- Sharing the links to your fellow bloggers’ blog posts via your social media accounts.
- By encouraging bloggers to keep on blogging whenever they feel like quitting.
Realistically speaking, the blogosphere would be a much nicer place if all bloggers considered being of service to their blogging community.
Do you have the best interest of your blogging community at heart?
One must never let popularity go to their head (Despite the fact, that other people may view them as a blogging celebrity).
Unfortunately, some people get all carried away with the following things:
- Receiving a high number of incoming views.
- Receiving a large number of likes.
- Receiving a huge quantity of comments.
- Acquiring a massive amount of followers.
Dear friend, never allow your soul to be corrupted by those things that I mentioned (And, the best way of doing that is by remaining grounded).
For the record, it is okay for you to appreciate your blog receiving a large number of incoming views, more likes than average and a fully loaded comments thread (Just do not let all of the fame that you received in the blogosphere go to your head).
One can simply perceive those things as the perks of publishing content that is valuable to their viewing audiences from around the world.
Treat Everyone With Love And Respect
The way in which we treat each other is important.
And, why is that the case?
Because no one loves to be mistreated.
We all want to be treated with love and respect.
My blog post, Be Respectful To All Bloggers, highlights the manner in which all bloggers should be treated.
Always remember the old adage, “What goes around, comes around.”
So, it would be a wise move on your behalf to treat others in the manner that you wish to be treated.
Never Abuse The System
What am I referring to by urging you to never abuse the system?
I am referring to the following things:
- Abusing the Like button by pressing it without reading other people’s blog posts.
- Leaving generic comments without ever reading the content that was posted.
- Playing the “I follow you and you follow me” game.
Be genuine in all that you do.
It would be a waste of your time and your energy to engage yourself in such childish tactics.
Besides, people who abuse the system do not last long in the blogosphere.
Take Great Care Of Yourself
Bloggers need to take great care of themselves because their blogs will be inactive without them.
People can take great care of themselves by doing the following things:
- Getting an adequate amount of sleep.
- Exercising on a regular basis.
- Finding the time for prayer and meditation.
- Eating in a healthy manner.
Are you taking great care of yourself?
For the sake of your well-being, I truly hope that your answer was a, “Yes!”
And, if your answer turned out to be a, “No,” you might as well begin this very moment because taking great care of yourself is important.
Wise people never neglect their well-being!
Take Great Care Of The Electronic Device That You Blog On
In today’s world, people use the following electronic devices to blog on:
- Laptop computers.
- Desktop computers.
The better we treat those electronic devices are the longer they last.
We can add longevity to those electronic devices by:
- Keeping them far away from extreme heat or cold.
- Making sure that they receive regular security-related updates.
- Using them in an environment that is dust-free.
One of the most annoying things is wanting to update your blog and being unable to do so because your electronic device is nonfunctional.
So, please take great care of the electronic device that you blog on.
Make Sure That Your Blog Is Easy To Navigate
If a person came across your blog and they liked what they read, they will want to find more of your reading material on your site.
And, where is the best place for a person to locate that?
By checking your archives, of course!
Now, while this makes a lot of sense to most people, some bloggers do forget to add the “Archives” widget to their blog (That is a pity because those bloggers missed out on the opportunity of readers perusing additional blog posts that they are interested in).
As a rule of thumb, make sure that people can easily find:
- Your “About” page.
- Your “Contact” page.
- Your “Commenting Policy” page (That is provided that you already have one).
- Your “Frequently Asked Questions” page (This is important for those who run a business-related blog).
- Your “Archives” widget.
- Your “Categories” widget.
- Your “Follow Button” widget.
Wise bloggers have made it a priority of theirs of making sure that their blogs are easy to navigate.
Is your blog easy to navigate?
Make Sure That Your Fonts Are Legible
Have you ever visited a blog and noticed that the fonts were way too small for you to read?
The majority of us would have said, “Yes,” to that question.
Realistically speaking, if the fonts are way too small for a person to read, they are not going to stick around to peruse your blog post; they will leave and probably never return.
It is advisable, that you do not use fonts that are smaller than 12 pixels.
A reasonable size for fonts would be around 16 pixels to 18 pixels.
Do keep in mind, as people age, smaller fonts become difficult for them to read.
Are the fonts on your blog legible?
If you answered, “Yes,” all is well in regards to the size of your fonts.
If “No,” was your answer, you will have to make things right by increasing the size of your fonts.
And, what does all of this have to do with being a wise blogger?
A lot, my friend!
It is all part of making sure that your words of wisdom can be easily seen by everyone who visits your blog.
Make Blogging Fun For Yourself
I will be straightforward by saying, “Everyone loves to partake in things that are fun for them.”
Therefore, it is only fair, that you have a bit of fun with your blog by:
- Publishing blog posts that are based on topics that you are genuinely interested in.
- Changing to a blogging schedule that is more suited to your needs (In regards to this one, it would be wise to inform your readers of the changes that you made to your blogging schedule).
- Utilizing a new modern-looking theme (This would be great for those bloggers who have not changed their theme in ages).
- Having the willingness to learn all you can about blogging.
- Interacting with bloggers whom you love.
Now, those were merely some examples of things that bloggers can do to make blogging fun for themselves.
As a matter of fact, every blogger should find methods of making the blogging process fun for their own self.
Because there is a high probability of them remaining interested in their blog once the fun is involved.
Do keep in mind, that people lose their interest in blogging when it becomes burdensome for them (And, bloggers can lift their spirits by adding a bit of fun to their blogging process).
Wise bloggers know how to have fun with their blogs.
Are you currently have fun with your own blog?
As you have learned, the path to being a wise blogger is a simple one; the journey involves:
- Learning from your mistakes.
- Being of service to your blogging community.
- Remaining grounded.
- Treating everyone with love and respect.
- Never abusing the system.
- Taking great care of yourself.
- Taking great care of the electronic device that you blog on.
- Making sure that your blog is easy to navigate.
- Making sure that the fonts within your blog are legible.
- Making blogging fun for yourself.
By the way, you will have to put all of those things that I mentioned into practice if they are to be of value to you.
And, thank you for reading!