There comes a time in every blogger’s life when they feel as though their blog has become burdensome.
And, why is it that bloggers experience that sort of thing?
Well, in all honesty, it stems from a number of things — things that I am going to share with you.
And, have no fear, my friend. If blogging has become overbearing, there are ways in which you can make the blogging process easier and fun for you; just like things were in the beginning.
1.) Go On A Hiatus
Okay, going on a hiatus will help you to regain your sanity.
Also, there is nothing wrong with taking a hiatus.
As a matter of fact, a lot of the top bloggers are known for taking a hiatus.
I would also like to add, that the top bloggers always have a plan in place for those times when they have made up their minds to take a hiatus; such as:
- Scheduling a number of their blog posts in advance (That way, their viewing audience will still be able to peruse articles from them).
- Highlighting guest posts from well-established bloggers (They hold the fort until the owner of the blog returns from their hiatus).
- Simply publishing an article that lets their readers know that they are going on a hiatus and that they will resume their blogging when they return.
One can view a hiatus as someone going on a vacation (And, everyone needs to go on a vacation at some point in their lives).
In the real world, employees are granted their vacation-period. Therefore, it is only fair, that you take some time away from your blog.
2.) Cut Down On The Number Of Times That You Publish Content On Your Blog
It is a sad fact, that a lot of bloggers are burning themselves out by publishing content on their blog on a daily basis.
For the record, there are bloggers who are quite capable of publishing content on their blog on a daily basis (If you happen to be one of those people, you can gladly skip this part).
However, other bloggers could avoid burning themselves out by:
- Publishing content on their blog a few times a week (For example, they can choose any three days of the week to publish content on their blog).
- Publishing content on their blog on a weekly basis (Which is ideal for the person who is usually busy with other aspects of their life).
- Publishing content on their blog fortnightly (Which is also another great option for a blogger whose lifestyle is a busy one).
- Publishing content on their blog on a monthly basis (Almost every blogger, no matter their circumstance, is capable of pulling this one off).
Dear friend, blogging would be so much easier for people if they were aware of which blogging schedule that they were most harmonious with.
Do you know which type of blogging schedule is best for you?
3.) Be Cognizant Of The Mood That You Are In
We do not think clearly whenever we are in a foul mood (And, where blogging is concerned, we need to think clearly).
If we had an altercation with someone, it would be wise to calm down before we started putting our article together.
Because our thoughts would be focused solely on the hurtful things that they said to us, as well as the unwarranted behaviour that they displayed towards us (And, that makes it somewhat difficult on concentrating on the task at hand; which is putting a blog post together).
If you happen to find yourself in a mood that is not conducive to content creation, doing the following things should bring you back into balance:
- Listening to a collection of your favourite songs.
- By engaging yourself in meditation.
- Watching a comedy on your television, computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Consuming chocolate.
- Spending some quality time with your pet.
The sooner that you get yourself out of a bad mood is the better it would be for you (It would be better for your health and you would also be in a much better position to think clearly).
Where content creation is concerned, you are better off being in a good mood.
4.) Change Things Up A Bit
Some personal bloggers may become bored by posting the same type of genre repeatedly on their blog. They can change things up a bit by doing these three things:
- Implementing a new genre on their blog.
- Uploading a new theme to their blog.
- Utilizing new fonts on their blog.
Since professional bloggers are not allowed the luxury of venturing outside of their niche, they could still change things up a bit by implementing numbers two and three on the list.
By changing things up a bit, you add new life to an old blog.
5.) Do Some Physical Exercise At Intervals
Believe it or not, sitting for long periods can be detrimental to our health (And, some of us tend to get bored or a bit on edge by doing that sort of thing).
Sitting for long periods can result in:
- Developing diabetes.
- Developing heart disease.
- The development of varicose veins.
- The development of deep vein thrombosis.
- Pain in our neck, back and shoulders.
In my case, I find it difficult to sit for long periods in front of a computer; which is the reason why I take short walks at intervals.
12 Stretches and Exercises for Computer Users show us some of the things that we bloggers can do to relieve some of the pain and tension.
If you had to sit for long hours creating blog posts on a regular basis, you would find the process cumbersome too!
The human body was designed to move.
6.) Take A Coffee Break
Many of you do not mind taking a coffee break; as a matter of fact, it is something that you look forward to.
Now, even though I am a tea-lover, I do appreciate sipping on a cup of hot (or cold) coffee.
Luckily for you and I, there are various types of coffee beverages; they range from:
We are free to choose any of them (Provided that we have those types of coffee readily available to us).
Coffee also has health benefits; here is a list of them:
- It protects us from cirrhosis of the liver.
- It helps to protect us against Parkinson’s disease.
- It lowers our risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
- It lowers our risk of getting Multiple Sclerosis.
- It reduces our risk of getting colorectal cancer.
- It reduces our risk of developing heart disease.
- It helps in the area of preventing suicide risks and depression.
- It helps to lower our risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
I would also like you to know, that coffee has the potential of disrupting your sleep, raising your levels of anxiety, elevating your blood-pressure levels and causing digestive problems.
And, in spite of coffee’s ability to enhance our mood for the better, one can find their self becoming heavily addicted to it if they abuse it.
So, please drink coffee in moderation.
7.) Seek Help From A Well-Trained Psychologist Or A Psychiatrist
A lot of people are afraid to book an appointment with a psychologist or a psychiatrist because of the negative stigma that it has attached to it; such as people thinking that they are crazy because they sought help from a psychologist or a psychiatrist.
From a realistic point of view, one should not be ashamed of getting help for their mental health issues.
According to the World Health Organization, mental disorders affect one in four people.
It is a scientific fact, that a person having a bipolar disorder, experiences extreme mood swings — emotional highs and lows (And, people with this type of mental disorder can bring their lives back into balance by getting the appropriate medicine from their doctor).
Mental health issues have the potential of disrupting a person’s life at home or their place of employment (And, I would not be surprised if it affected people’s ability to blog).
So, never be afraid to seek help from a well-trained psychologist or a psychiatrist.
Dear friend, the truth is that blogging does not have to become overbearing for you; you can alleviate that situation by doing all of the things that I mentioned above.
Take your life back and be in control of it (A person who has full control of their life, has full control over their blog).
Thank you for reading and I look forward to you visiting Renard’s World for more uplifting content in the near future.