I will be most straightforward by saying to you, “A blogger’s work is never done!”
Starting a blog is easy to do. However, keeping a blog alive is challenging; it requires doing the things that a lot of people deem difficult to do.
Dear friend, do not allow the hard work to discourage you from making progress with your blog.
Obviously, there are things that all bloggers should consider doing (And, I am going to share those vital pieces of information with you).
So, without further ado, it is time for me to highlight the necessary things — the types of things that would enhance any blog (Provided that they were put into practice).
1.) A Blogger Needs To Create Content On A Regular Basis
The God’s/Goddess’s truth is that the survival of our blog is reliant on new content being added to it on a regular basis.
Search engines on the world wide web are always looking for new content to index and add to their search engine results page.
And, let us not forget, that people are also appreciative of fresh content.
If you were to stop posting content on your blog, it would become stagnant and eventually die.
Do keep in mind, that spewing out mediocre content on a regular basis is going to hurt your blog as well as your reputation as a blogger.
Therefore, it is in every blogger’s best interest to produce content that is of a high quality; which can be defined as:
- Blog posts that are well-written.
- Blog posts that are well-researched.
- Blog posts that help the reader to alleviate a problem.
- Blog posts that are evergreen.
Unfortunately, too many of the newcomers to blogging, waste their time mass-producing low-quality content.
In order for a blogger to be taken seriously, they will have to produce high-quality content (And, high-quality content stands out the most).
What type of content are you creating on a regular basis?
Is it low-quality content?
Or is it high-quality content?
2.) A Blogger Needs To Do Constant Research
As a blogger, you cannot get away from doing research.
Because doing constant research enables you to remain abreast on the latest developments on your chosen niche.
- Fashion bloggers need to keep abreast of the latest trends in fashion.
- Technology bloggers are required to know the latest information in their chosen field of technology.
- Blogging experts are required to keep abreast of the latest blogging trends, the ever-changing search engine optimization techniques and the new and innovative ways of promoting their blog posts.
Do keep in mind, that in order to keep your viewing audiences around the world well-informed, you must first be well-informed.
So, my friend, never take the researching process for granted.
3.) A Blogger Should Always Know The Needs Of Their Audience
Do you know the needs of your viewing audience?
For the sake of your blog’s survival, it is mandatory that you understand the needs of your viewing audience.
For example, if you are a travel blogger, you will need to let your viewing audience know:
- The best time of the year that they should book their flights for a particular season.
- The type of clothing that is best suited for the climate of the country that you featured in your blog post.
- How much money they would need to spend at various hotels in a certain country.
- An insight into the culture of a particular country.
- The various types of delicacies that they can sink their teeth into while they are vacationing or doing business in a certain country.
- The various times of the year that certain religious festivals are held at a country that you highlighted in your blog post.
- The laws of a certain country.
Okay, you get the idea.
You need to consider the needs of your viewing audience and address them accordingly.
4.) A Blogger Needs To Find Ways Of Improving Their Blog
Believe it or not, there is always need for improvement.
By the way, the nature of those improvements may involve the following things:
- Simplifying technical terms by putting them across in the manner that is easily understood by the average viewer.
- Ridding their blog of unnecessary widgets and plugins; which results in their blog loading faster.
- Compressing photos; which also helps one’s blog to load quickly.
- Coming up with better topics — the types of topics that most readers would be interested in.
- Coming up with better headlines — the types of headlines that grab the reader’s attention.
- Making a conscientious effort to produce high-quality blog posts.
Could you think of other ways of improving your blog?
If you have answered, “Yes,” it would be wise of you to implement them to your blog.
And, if you have said, “No,” do a brainstorming session with the intentions of coming up with effective methods of improving your blog.
5.) A Blogger Should Concentrate On Building A Readership
It is no huge secret, that the majority of the bloggers enjoy having their blog posts read by others.
And, if you have worked arduously to create high-quality content, your blog posts are deserved to be seen on the world wide web.
Bloggers can increase their readership by:
- Publishing remarkable content on their blog.
- Promoting their content via their social media accounts.
- Gaining additional exposure via guest blogging.
- Optimizing their content for search engine optimization.
- Piquing the reader’s interest with eye-catching titles.
- Simply asking other people to subscribe to their blog.
Now, some of you are probably thinking, “Well, I have hundreds of followers. I do not need to build my readership.”
Dear friend, that mindset is detrimental because:
- A percentage of your followers may have abandoned their blogs.
- A percentage of your followers do not check out your blog on a regular basis.
- A percentage of your followers do not interact with you.
So, one must never get carried away by the number of followers that they have.
The important thing is the percentage of your followers that actually interact with you.
In my case, I am always doing my best to attract new readers and of course, maintain the old ones that I already have.
What about you?
Are you working towards building your readership?
6.) A Blogger Needs To Interact With Their Fellow Bloggers
It would be naive of a blogger to believe that they can have a successful blog without interacting with other human beings.
For the record, some of the best people that you could ever interact with are your fellow bloggers.
You can interact with your fellow bloggers by doing these two simple things:
- Reading their blog posts in its entirety.
- Leaving them thoughtful comments based on what you read in their blog posts.
And, guess what?
Doing the above things will help you establish relationships with your fellow bloggers.
Also, many of them would repay the favour by checking out your blog posts and let you know what they thought about them via the comments section of your blog.
Besides, interacting with our fellow bloggers is a whole lot of fun.
Are you in the habit of interacting with your fellow bloggers?
7.) A Blogger Must Always Respond To Comments In A Timely Manner
We all hate being neglected.
Therefore, we tend to lose interest in a blogger as well as the respect for the blogger who blatantly refused to respond to the comment that we made on their blog.
Also, whenever a blogger responds to our comment in a timely manner, we tend to think highly of them and that eventually leads to us revisiting their blog and leaving them more comments in the comments section of their blog.
The biggest irony is that there are bloggers who wished that people would comment on their blog posts, while there are bloggers who receive lots of comments and never respond to them.
I have said on numerous occasions, “If a blogger has no intentions of responding to the comments that were made by others on their blog, they should disable their comments!”
8.) A Blogger Must Always Practice What They Preach
Do I practice what I preach?
Yes, I do!
It would be hypocritical of me to say to you, “Support your fellow bloggers,” if I never made it a priority of mine to put it into practice.
As far as things are concerned, corrupt politicians are the ones who make empty promised and do not ever practice the things that they preached to other people (And, I am not a corrupt politician).
A person of integrity will proverbially, walk the talk.
Dear friend, as a blogger, it is imperative that you always practice what you preach.
It would have been nice if all bloggers knew all of those things before they started their blog.
Some of the bloggers in the blogosphere will learn some of the things that I mentioned in this blog post the hard way.
Then there are those bloggers who will give up on blogging without ever knowing those things.
Luckily, there are those bloggers who intuitively know the things that I highlighted in this blog post.
This important message was intended for those people who absolutely know very little (or nothing) about blogging.
The God’s/Goddess’s truth is that any blogger can start making progress with their blog by:
- Making sure that they create content for their blog on a regular basis.
- Doing in-depth research on their chosen topic.
- Knowing exactly what it is that their audience needs.
- Looking for ways to improve their own blog.
- Focusing on building their readership.
- Interacting with their fellow bloggers.
- Responding to the comments that were made in the comments section of their blog in a timely manner.
- Seeing to it that they always practice what they preach.
As always, thank you for reading.
And, I look forward to seeing you here on Renard’s World once again for my upcoming blog posts.
Thank you for these tips we really have to keep in mind!
LikeLiked by 1 person
🙂 You are welcome and I am glad that you found those tips useful.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, these are good points for me to begin doing (for some points) and continue doing (for other points). Thanks for the reminders!
LikeLiked by 1 person
🙂 You are welcome!
LikeLiked by 1 person