If you are concerned about the affairs of blogging in 2019, you are not alone.
Yes, believe it or not, a lot of bloggers are concerned about the same thing too.
In reality, blogging is always evolving and it is quite normal for bloggers to be deeply concerned about the affairs of their blog.
Bloggers are usually concerned about the following things:
- SEO changes.
- Gaining new readers.
- Keeping their existing readers.
- Losing readers.
- Coming up with new blogging strategies.
- Coming up with new methods of improving their blog.
Hey, bloggers are always brainstorming (And, that is a good thing because it keeps them on their toes).
Now, while brainstorming is a good thing, excessive worrying is counterproductive.
Dear friend, I want you to know that it is possible for you to continue your successful blogging journey in 2019 and I am going to spill the proverbial beans (I am going to tell you how to go about making that possible).
1.) Optimize Your Blog For Mobile Devices
Have you optimized your blog for mobile devices as yet?
I do hope that your answer to that question is an unshakable, “Yes!”
If you have answered, “No,” I highly recommend that you work towards making your blog mobile-friendly.
Because over fifty percent of the search queries are done on tablet computers and smartphones.
And, you also want to make sure that they load well on those mobile devices (Now, that does not mean that you are going to neglect the desktop aspect of your blog).
In addition to desktop computers, people use the following electronic devices to access the internet.
- Their laptop computers.
- Their tablet computers.
- Their smartphones.
A large percentage of people do access the internet while they are on the go!
So, it is in your best interest to make sure that your blog loads quickly on all devices (Luckily for you, most blogging platforms provide their users with mobile-friendly themes).
Search engines (such as Google and Bing) like it when bloggers see to it that their blog loads well on all of the major electronic devices.
And, do keep in mind, that Google has intentions of utilizing mobile-first indexing.
Some of you are probably scratching your head and wondering, “What the hell is mobile-first indexing?”
To put it simply, mobile-first indexing is where Google will focus mainly on the mobile version of your blog’s content for indexing and ranking.
Now, do you see the importance of having a mobile-friendly blog?
2.) Be Authentic
Most people have deep respect and admiration for bloggers who are authentic.
Authentic bloggers are known for doing the following things:
- Telling their viewing audience via their blog posts how they truly feel about a situation, a product, a person, etcetera.
- Not worrying too much about what other people think about them when they have unleashed the truth.
- Keeping it real.
The last thing that any viewer wants is for a blogger to wilfully lie to them.
Are you an authentic blogger?
3.) Be Confident
Dear friend, to survive in the blogosphere, you will need to possess a very high level of confidence.
And, why is it that you need to have a very high level of confidence?
Because you would not get very far in blogging without it.
For starters, you will need to have confidence in your ability to blog.
It is understandable that many newbie bloggers lack confidence when it comes to blogging (This is quite normal since they have just started to get their proverbial feet wet in the blogosphere).
The God’s/Goddess’s truth is that anyone can become confident in the area of blogging; this is usually accomplished by doing the following things:
- By putting what they have learned about blogging into practice.
- By learning from their past mistakes.
- By reading the blogs from their fellow bloggers and leaving them valuable comments in the comments section of the blogs of their fellow bloggers.
- By being an active member of their blogging community.
- By not worrying about whether or not viewing audiences from around the world are going to like or hate the content that they posted on their blog.
Your confidence in blogging is guaranteed to grow once you have made up your mind to be fully devoted to the affairs of your beloved blog.
And, do not expect to be confident in the area of blogging overnight since your confidence in blogging will improve the more you partake in blogging (The more you do it, is the braver you get).
4.) Put People First
Always keep in mind, that you are blogging for human beings.
It is a sad fact, that a lot of bloggers concentrate mostly on Search Engine Optimization; they place their readers second when in fact, their readers should be their first priority.
I will admit that Search Engine Optimization is an important factor in blogging, but it is not more important than human beings.
After all, it is the human beings who peruse your blog posts; therefore it would be a very wise decision to put people first.
So, without a doubt, put your viewing audience first and then customize your blog as well as your blog posts for Search Engine Optimization.
Bloggers should always remember, that without people, no one would read their blog posts and leave them comments in the comments section of their blog.
5.) Publish Epic Content
Yes, my friend, publishing epic content on your blog will help you to gain credibility as a blogger (Besides, most viewers are quite fond of epic content).
What is epic content?
Well, epic content is considered as:
- Evergreen articles (Content that remains fresh throughout the entire year and longer).
- Blog posts that address the problem that some readers are currently facing (An example of this is an article that helps WordPress bloggers to find their way around the so-called dreaded Gutenberg editor).
- Blog posts that are devoid of spelling and grammatical errors (You can enlist the aid of writing apps like Grammarly and the Ginger Software to help you with those tasks).
- A blog post that provides in-depth information on a topic.
All bloggers are aware of the fact, that epic content takes longer to produce than the average fly-by-night blog post (However, it is worth adding to your blog).
6.) Respond To The Comments That Were Made On Your Blog
We all hate it when we leave a thoughtful comment in the comments section in the blog of a fellow blogger and it goes unattended.
Now, you are not obligated to respond to the comments that were made in the comments section of your blog right away; however, it could be done in a timely manner.
Currently, there are a lot of bloggers who are struggling to get comments in the comments section of their blog (And, there are bloggers who are lucky to receive comments in the comments section of their own blog and they are taking them for granted).
Comments should not be taken for granted due to the following reasons:
- It creates a dialogue with your beloved readers.
- It helps in the area of building relationships with your beloved readers.
- It encourages commenters to return to your blog, read your blog posts and to continue leaving valuable comments in the comments section of your blog.
- It adds to your credibility because it shows other viewers that you are an authority on your chosen topic.
Whenever a blogger refuses to respond to the comments that were made in the comments section of their blog, they miss out on the opportunities mentioned above.
Are you in the habit of responding to comments?
7.) Be Consistent
In the past, I highlighted the fact, that as bloggers, we need to be consistent with our blogging; for example, if you have chosen to update your blog weekly, it is imperative that you stick with your blogging formula.
No one should have the cause to guess when it is that they are going to see another blog post from you.
To sink in my point, I am going to use the NCIS television series as an example.
The NCIS television series is aired on CBS on the same day and at the same time on a weekly basis; which allows the fans of that television series to know when it is being aired.
My friend, the same thing applies to your blog.
For the record, you are free to:
- Publish blog posts on a daily basis.
- Publish blog posts a few days a week (Preferably on the same days that you have chosen to publish your blog posts).
- Publish blog posts weekly.
- Publish blog posts fortnightly.
- Publish blog posts monthly.
Stick with your chosen blogging schedule.
If you have plans of changing your blogging schedule or plans for taking a hiatus, let your readers know, it would help in the area of preventing large numbers of people from unsubscribing to your blog).
And, search engines (such as Google and Bing) love consistency.
Are you a consistent blogger?
Almost every blogger on the face of the planet would like their blog to stand out for the year 2019 and beyond (And, it is possible for them to acquire their dream by applying the seven techniques that I mentioned).
Success is not only for the business-related bloggers.
Success is also for the personal bloggers.
Dear friend, never wrongfully believe the success in the area of blogging is unattainable.
2019 could be your year for blogging — the year where you can make a positive difference with your blog.