I am always happy to see new people creating blogs of their own. But, I become sad whenever I see people abandon their blogs.
I really love blogging and I have no regrets of ever creating Renard’s World.
What about you? Do you regret getting yourself into blogging?
Or, do you believe that getting into blogging was the right thing for you to do?
Blogging Is A Great Way To Express Yourself
Blogging is certainly a great way to express yourself.
Because, you are granted the opportunity to unleash your creativity via your blog posts.
A person can highlight the following things via their blog:
- Their photography skills.
- Their short stories.
- Their beautiful poetry.
- Their long-form content.
- Their amazing artwork.
- Their delicious recipes.
- Their book reviews.
- Their music reviews.
- Their product reviews.
- Their blogging tips.
Those are some of the things that can be expressed via blogs.
How are you expressing yourself on your blog?
Blogging Is Great For Business
Yes, it is true, my friend. Blogging is indeed great for business; here are some reasons why:
- It keeps businesspeople focused on their content marketing strategy.
- It brings incoming traffic.
- It attracts new customers.
- It helps businesses to establish their brand.
- It helps businesses to keep customers connected to their brand.
- It helps in the area of boosting the business website’s SEO.
- It grants businesspeople the opportunity to answer some of the frequently asked questions about their product.
- Businesses can promote their special offers via their blog posts.
So, never underestimate the power of blogging; it will enhance your business.
If you are thinking about setting up a small business, do consider creating a blog for it.
Blogging Will Live On
I genuinely believe that blogging is going to live on; here are some reasons why:
- Vloggers are embedding their YouTube videos on their blogs.
- There will always be people who love to read.
- There will always be people who would want to showcase their talents via their blogs.
- Businesses will always recognise the usefulness of blogs.
Those people who said, “Blogging is dead,” should eat their words.
Do think about this for a moment: if blogging was dead, why are there so many active blogs in the blogosphere?
Blogging Helps You To Expand Your Knowledge
Blogging certainly helps bloggers to get smarter; this is done by doing the following things:
- Making an effort to learn all you can about blogging.
- Reading a blog post that is based on a topic that you are interested in.
- Engaging in a dialogue via the comments thread of your own blog (Or someone else’s blog).
If you are honest with yourself and others, you would admit, that you have learned a lot since you started blogging.
So, what are some of the things that you learned via blogging?
Blogging Is Fun
Now, it does not require a rocket scientist to walk up to you and say, “Blogging is fun!”
You already know that blogging is fun.
You get the opportunity to update your blog, interact with your fellow bloggers, entertain yourself and learn something new.
The only stressful part is when you are experiencing the occasional technical difficulties.
Also, if blogging was not any fun, you would have left it ages ago.
Blogging Rules Are Not Set In Stone
Some of you are probably thinking, “What? Did Renard just say that blogging rules are not set in stone?”
Yes, you read that correctly!
Dear friend, blogging tips are really guidelines.
Some blogging tips will work for some people, while those very blogging tips would not work for others.
One of the blogging rules that I totally disagree with is, that you must publish long-form content in order for your blog to be successful.
For the record, search engines like Google and Bing adore beefy-sized articles.
And, I would admit, that long-form content is perfect for business-related blogs.
But, it is not necessary to post long-form content on your personal blog.
A lot of blogging experts across the internet have argued that blog posts should be no shorter than two thousand words.
Now, that is only okay, if you are a lover of long-form content like myself.
I genuine believe that it is a major insult to those people who publish poetry. Poetry is usually short and sweet.
It is also an insult to those people who publish recipes (There is no way on God’s green Earth that a person is going to publish a recipe for bread that comprises of two thousand words).
It is also an insult to those people who love listicles (Listicles are known to get to the point and they are very helpful).
And, what about the blogger who runs a photography blog? No words are required for a photography blog. However, it is up to the blogger to include a short article based on what they photographed.
Long-form content is really done for SEO purposes.
A lot of bloggers want to be on the first page of Google’s search results — articles that are around two thousand, four hundred and fifty words and over are those that Google favours.
But, always remember, that your main purpose is to write for people and not for search engines.
Also, if you can put your point across in seven hundred words, there is really no need for you to do it via the usage of two thousand words.
And, I would like to let all of my readers know, that publishing long-form content on your blog is not a guarantee that it will be featured on the first page of Google (Some of the people who create long-form content are going to perceive that as very heart-breaking news).
Blogging Is Not For Everyone
Yes, it is true. Blogging is not for everyone!
Here are the types of people who should not even consider starting a blog of their own:
- People who do not like to interact with others (Which is a lost opportunity; they miss out on getting to know others and learning something new).
- People who are rude to others (No one likes a rude blogger) .
- People who are egomaniacs (Those people are only concerned about their own self).
- People who lack discipline (Blogging on the whole requires lots of discipline).
So, now you have an idea as to the reason why those types of people do not last long in the blogosphere.
There Will Always Be Popular Niches
Oh, I believe without a doubt, that there will always be popular niches; here are some of them:
- Fashion (Fashion blogs usually do well because fashion is always evolving).
- Technology (Technology blogs tend to do well, because people are interested in the latest electronic gadgets and they want to know more about how they work).
- Book reviews (People love book reviews, because there are many people around the globe who are fond of reading books; they want to get an idea of what the book is about and wonder if they should putchase it or not).
- Blogging tips (This particular category of blogging does well, because there are many people who wish to learn about blogging and would like to improve their blogs).
- Movie reviews (The average person loves movies and would not mind reading about new movies on Netflix, etcetera).
- Photography (Photography will always be one of the favourite niches for people, because there are those who enjoy looking at photos of beautiful scenaries, wonderful people and interesting things).
Those are merely a handful of popular niches in the blogosphere.
For the record, it is not mandatory to choose a popular niche in order for you to have a very successful blog.
Oh, I could not help myself; I felt that I had to share with you what I thought about blogging (And, there are those people who enjoy my one of a kind perspective on blogging).
By the way, what are some of your views on blogging?
Please feel free to share your unique point of view via my blog’s comment thread and thank you so kindly for checking out, Renard’s World.